Saturday, October 4, 2008

Seamons Family

We have had a very interesting year!! I just told someone, I ALWAYS have tissue in my purse, but due to all the tears we have shed this year, (for the good and sad tears) I have no tissue left. After Dad died we saw Jeff's Mom slowly slip away until she died in July. Once again we gathered together and mourned the passing of a wonderful women, Mother, Grandmother, friend. Grandma Seamons was such a gracious person, I always told her I wanted to take gracious lessons from her, she would laugh and tell me I needed to go down South to learn how to be like her. Jeff and I got to go to Utah to be a part of her buriel.

Then we moved on to happier times and Hans and Shelli's wedding. We got to have all our kids there and enjoy being together.

This picture is hard to see but there are all my boys, they all looked so nice that day, they went golfing in the morning and back to the house to shower change and on to the wedding. And of course my beautiful grandchildren, CJ and Jenni looked like they could be the wedding couple, Jenni did a geat job of being the flower girl.
Isaac is making sure Isiah is saying cheese!! They had so much fun, during the wedding Isaac's tie fell off. (Gee Gee had bought them the ties for their birthday!! The easy clip on ones) As I was listening I heard "Grandma, my tie fell off!" I told him OK I'll put it on in a minute! A couple of minutes later, "Grandma it's been a minute!" They are so much fun to be around. Yesterday we were going shopping and it was Isiah's turn to go in Grandma's car (instead of going with Mom and Dad) I forgot which side the car seat was on and had to sent Isiah around to the right side of the car, he turns to me and says "Grandma, we don't have time for this!!" ( this is much more fun to hear said with a Boston accent the boys have, just like their Mom did at that age)

We feel so blessed to have our family that comes to our aid in all things good and bad. We were with Jeff's family for the funeral and then went to visit Linda and Grant, they took us out and about and made sure we had fun! We had had a sober few days but it was fun to go and visit with everyone and lighten up.

Gayle, Linda, Grant, Annaleesa, Alexis and of course Will all came from out of town to help with the wedding. We didn't do much but we really enjoyed everyone and got to visit with each other. Thanks guys!! Now we have Samantha living with Grandma, it is so fun to have her do all our family stuff with us! Samantha has discovered our crazy free movie nights. We do crazy things to enjoy our family time! I feel such gratitude that I have a family that I know comes to my aid when they are needed, it is such a comfort to feel your love for all the good and bad times!!

No comments: