Monday, October 6, 2008

The travel log.

Hello,
I just want to start by saying how much I loved Conference!!! It was so excited when they announced the new temples. Josh was so happy they are building one where he served his mission(he was in the Independence Missouri Miss.) And we are definitely going to go when the temple is dedicated. I told him we should also make a goal to be in Rome(after visiting several other beautiful cities in Europe) when they dedicate that temple.

As for my family so much has been happening big changes and little ones. And a lot of good times to be had by all.

I'll start with Will. He turned 3 years old on June 29. He is still little but he makes up for it with a lot of energy and personality. He runs constantly and screams often. But he is finally starting to speak over the last 6 to 9 months he's Finally started to say words and talk in sentences. He loves Sunday's Nursery is his favorite thing I think ever. When we get to church he always gets upset when we pass the nursery room to go to Sac. Mtg first. He loves the leaders and the other babies. Which is wonderful, it's nice to see him grow and become more social. He brings so much joy to our family I don't know what I would do without him. Will had kind of a tough spring, as I am sure you all know. And I am so glad the string of bad luck (the sickness, hydrasil, hernia, and falling out of stuff) is behind him and me. Knock on wood. I truly believe in the power of prayer after his last accident I just sat with him praying that he would be ok for one and the other I asked for God protection. I hoped that Will would never have anymore mishaps, major illnesses or medical conditions but just in case I begged my Heavenly Father to protect him so that whatever happened to him he would bounce back.

Jacob turned 6 August 16 and started school on the 18th. Sending him to Kindergarten was so hard. It's hard to get over the fact that he's not my baby anymore. but he is doing well in his class and is learning to write really well. He's making friends and loving play time. I am so happy he doing well and am also very proud of him. Jacob is truly my biggest helper at home. He's always ready to help his mom. Also he is the best big brother in the world he loves Will and is the best and entertaining him when I need to get something done. He's very loving and protective of his family. Both Jacob and Will are getting over cold right now but thankfully they were not serious. they barely slowed either one of them down. Jacob also just did his Primary Program. He loves going to church and getting to go to his class and have singing time I am really glad he loves it.

Josh just finished his summer at the raceway. Which is so nice I am finally going to get him back Friday nights. He's going to school and working and just trying to get through it. We've been on several fun trips over the last few months back in may we went to Kansas City to see the places he served on his mission and the Church sites. We went to Independence, Adam-ondi-Ahman. Adam-ondi-Aham was so beautiful and peaceful. the whole area is so green. We got to Adam ondi Ahman kind of later in the evening and spent hours walking around we went to Spring hill where they savior with return. It was humbling to be in such a sacred place.















Also while we were there we saw Wicked. That was a highlight!!! We've listen to the show so many times it was amazing seeing it for the first time. I cried I was so happy. And the show itself was beautiful.

We also went to this beautiful memorial in Kansas City that was built to honor those who died in WWI it was a wonderful place to see we spent most of the morning there. On the large tower that it reads "In honor of those who Served in the world war, in defence of liberty and our country'. you can actually go up to the top of the Liberty tower. there's a great view of the city. Here's a fun fact, Kansas city has the more fountains then any other city in the world except Rome. They had there amazing sculptures outside that were so beautiful.


Then in August Josh took me for my birthday to the East coast we flew into Washington DC and saw the sites there. but the main event was the Six Flags in New Jersey where they have the fastest, tallest roller coaster in the world(for the moment). That trip was a blast we had so much fun. I really love those thrill Parks.
Of course Mom told you all about our girls trip to Hershey ect. That was wonderful but I missed my Boys.

Other then the traveling we've been doing our lives have been pretty ordinary. We just go from day to day getting all our work done and trying to find time to do everything we like to do, I really appreciate Pres. Monsons talk about enjoying the here and now. It reminded me of a quote by Dr. Seuss he says, "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened." I am trying to live in every moment to enjoy my children while they are young be entertained instead of annoyed by there antics.


I hope all my family well and happy. I love you all
Alexis




2 comments:

Cookie said...

Did you talk to Bro and Sis Christensen at Adam-ondi-Ahman?

susette said...

Oh those boys are so cute. What a great update hearing all about the neat things you have done.