Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Josh & Rach- Fam Letter

Dear Fam-unit,

So our family is officially in “the-now” with our blog, I’m so proud. Life has been busy and a little crazy since October. The holidays were great. Thanksgiving was spent in Cali with Josh’s fam and Christmas was in CO. Christmas was a blast with the sweet Sadie. She was so excited for her new bike she had to open every single present while sitting on it. We also got spoiled by my parents and got an Ipod and PSP (a hand-held gaming system my mom is addicted to). In January I started student teaching in a fourth grade classroom for three months. It was the most stressful and intense three months of all of my schooling, but was enjoyable to see the cute things the kids did and said. One time Mrs. Green forgot her lunch so her sweet husband brought it to school for her. He came in to the classroom to give it to me and so I stopped and went to get my lunch and Josh was off on his way. After he left a little girl said “oooo…Mrs. Green was that your HUSBAND?!?!” and I said yep, it sure was. Another boy proceeded to make a funny face and said “that was embarrassing”. I couldn’t help but laugh at their cute little 9-year-old minds. Josh was so good to me as each day I came home from school and dropped on the couch ready for a nap and Josh was there to get a blanket for me and cook dinner. What a great husband…. J So the three months went by in a blur and now I am back to restful sleep and sanity. Joshua is still working full time and is finishing up his last undergraduate class, nutrition. I have been bombarded with nutritional facts and we now have skim milk and low fat sour cream in our fridge, both things which I have never purchased before. We are also now both counting down the days until we graduate, 18 to be exact. We will both graduate on the same day, woohoo! Besides graduation on our minds, we are also getting ready to decide where we want to go to law school in August. Joshua has gotten into a couple of schools so far including Creighton, Gonzaga and Tulsa. We are still waiting for about 6 acceptance letters, so we aren’t sure what our future is yet. Life is good though, we are enjoying the spring weather, besides the random days it decides to snow. Other than that we can’t wait for camping and baseball games this summer. We love you all and hope to see you soon!

No comments: