Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sara, Me, Myself, and I:)

First I would like to say that this family blog is a wonderful idea. I think it is so wonderful that I have started my own blog (www.sararoskelley.blogspot.com). You can come visit me there anytime and hopefully there will be new and exciting things to read about!!

OK newsletter time. Each time I sit down to write my portion of the newsletter it is as if I draw a blank to what has been going on for the last 6 months. I decided to ask an outside source for help and so I asked, "Kyle, what have I been doing for the last 6 months?" He replied "Shoot, What haven't you been doing for the last 6 months?" So there it is... that about sums it up. It seems as if it has only been 3 months the way time has been flying. All I know is one minute I am happily attending school, playing softball, and spending time with my friends and then out of nowhere I am trying to juggle going to school, student teaching, getting a job, playing softball, keeping up with friends and relationships. CRAZY!! Well it is starting to calm down a bit now and so I am able to breathe a little more easily.

It was a wonderful feeling to turn in my last big project for UVSC and know that all I have left to do is graduate!! Student teaching has ended but teaching has not. I spent my time student teaching in a first grade classroom and I came to love all of my students. As it was nearing the end and I was becoming so sad that I had to leave them, So I decided not too:). Well I was actually offered a long-term sub position for another first grade class in the same school and so that is where i spend most of my waking hours. I love my new class and I am happy to know I didn't go to school for nothing. Because of this new job softball has shifted from the forefront of my life to somewhere near the back. Although I am still on scholarship and finishing out my senior year on the team I am really only able to make it to home games. There are times where the team will leave on a Thursday to fly somewhere for a weekend tournament and I will have to fly separately on Friday night and then fly back after the weekend. It has been more then hectic but great all the same. Softball will end in the beginning of May and I will be an accomplished student-athlete who has finished out her whole career, woowee!!

As for the future, I am hoping to land a job here in Orem at the same school I am working at now. I really love it there. I have filled out applications but I haven't done much more then that yet so we will see. I no longer have a plan for my life and it is stressing me out. Before now I have always been going somewhere or headed in a certain direction. Now i am open to do anything I wish. What will I do next...

No comments: