Sunday, April 6, 2008

Seamons Family

I feel like it has been a very long time since I wrote a family letter. I had sat down after Dad's funeral and wrote several thank you notes. Then for some reason it seemed like I should write one to Dad. So here is my Thank You To Dad.

Thanks Dad For:
Thanks for always being there -- you know for coming when I called "Mom" at night, knowing Mom was taking care of the current baby in our family.
Thanks for the Sunday morning tickle sessions when I was really small.
Thanks for pushing me to do things I was really scard to do -- sing in public, talk to large groups, etc.
Thanks for giving up one of your fun nights out bowling to take me to a Daddy-Daughter dates. This was the best because they wanted us to square dance and you were the only Dad that knew how, how fun it was to have "My Dad" teach everyone else.
Thanks for loving Jeff like I do... every time Jeff was in the hospital he would ask for my Dad, long before he would think of his own.
Thanks for loving my children with such unconditional love.
Thanks for all the parent-teacher conferences you took notes at, and for yelling at principals to defend the rights of your grandchildren, for all the games and concerts that were not really entertaning but you came and sat thru them anyway, and for buying all the stuff they were selling.
Thanks for being the babysitter when Mom still worked and I needed someone to pick the kids up from school, mostly for when I asked you to take care of a 1 month old and you said "YES! and your only complaint was she slept too much.
Thanks for laughing at my dumb jokes even in the last days of your life, when we were alone and I got bored and started telling you dumb jokes, I could hear you softly chuckle and squeeze my hand.
Thanks Dad for a forever family to love and be loved
Thanks
On to the family news!
Well we had a pretty good Christmas, there is nothing like a young child in the house for Christmas morning. CJ was here and in the morning he was so excited, not for the very large package Santa had left him but for the fact that the cookies and milk he left out the night before were gone!!
We love that Christmas day is now a lot of coming and going. The kids come and go as they meet with the in-laws and then come here.
We got Hans and Shelli on Christmas eve and then again later Christmas morning. (sharing with Denise and Ray is somthing I am learning to live with) We love Shelli and really love that we get to see her often. Much more than us is the kids love Shelli, Jenni especially, just yesterday, Randi, Efrain and family were here and Hans and Shelli came in. I heard from the back bedroom a screem, "Shelli' is here" and then the pounding of feet as Jenni came running down the hall.
Poor Hans used to be the first one they ran to and now it is Shelli, they still love him and he gets all the hugs and kisses. Maybe someday we will hear wedding bells?? (I know, I know stop pushing)
Katie bought a car, a brand new car!! She is so excited. She is looking for a new job as Borders has taken a turn in management and will have 100% turnover when Katie goes. So many changes in her life!
Petra and Ed are still with us but have found the house they want. It just isn't built yet. She will tell you in her letter.
Randi and Efrain are doing the same, meeting with mortgage lenders and trying to get a house, more from them!!
Ross is working at a large apt complex doing maintenance, but is mostly excited about joining either the Roseville police dept or the CHP. He has applied for both and the process is long and hard. Ross is excited to go thru it all.
Allison had her Senior pictures taken last week, this is sooooo weird to think she will be a Senior next year. She is on the go so much these days. She has a fun group of friends that keeps her busy, she doesn't have much time for babysitting but when she does she loves to hang out with her niece and nephews and really loves to go hang out with Jake, Edan and Noah. At family events you can see Edan in her arms a lot. I asked one day why she is always holding Edan, she told me."She will not be in trouble if I am holding her" This made me laugh, poor cute Edan, she is always having a hard time.
Jeff and I are pretty much the same. We are so grateful for Jeff's good health, last year about this time he was close to dying, so we are so happy he is so healthy and well. I will post pictures as soon as I gather all the camera's and download the pictures. I love to see all the pictures you guys have posted!!

No comments: