Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Family Recipes

Hi,

Petra and I thought "oh what fun we will do a recipe book for all the girls in the family" (sorry guys!!) We gathered receipes and took pictures or found pictures. (we have one of Grandpa picking the berries in the back yard for the berry cobbler recipe!) Then we started putting it together, about 100 hours later we decided this was WAY more work than we thought. Soooo having said that, we have decided that we could do the pages and maybe color copy them for people that want them. So Rachel your job is to find some pictures of your Dad cooking. We have several Uncle Randy recipes that need better pictures.
And to all of you out there, if there is a recipe you can think of that we might not have, let us know. We have sat with Grandma several times picking her brain for things like her vegtable soup that always seems to be cooking on the stove when someone has driven a long distance to visit and of course her macaroni salad and sweet and sour pork, cheese cake, this list goes on and on. So hopefully we can get started again and create some more books

6 comments:

Roskelley Ramblings said...

I am very excited to have a family recipe book - all our favorites in one place. I would like to order some - do you have an idea of price. Love, Linda

carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carolyn said...

Let's try this again and I will try to make sense this time. We are trying to get some more recipe books made, it is time that is the problem. So anyone that would be interested let me know and we will try our best!

carolyn said...

I would just like to say that I have chosen for my cookbook colors to be mustard yellow, black and little bits of red here and there. Inspired from aunt cindys kitchen from her old house? (haven't seen the new one yet) ;-) so if anybody would like that color scheme let me know. As I think mine is much better than my mothers pastel colors. Ugh. ;-) I'm excited for anyone who wants one to have one because I love all the family recipes and the stories behind them. Like my mom said time is the only thing since we have not finished either one. ;-)
Love,
Petra

Mamasita said...

I for sures want one and in Petra's color scheme
Being invited over to Mom's for dinner was the best ever, sure miss those days

items Randy still makes
sugar cookies
cheese cake

carolyn said...

Gayle, We need pictures of Randy cooking those fav's of his. Just sneak in the kitchen when he is cooking and snap a picture, he will never know!!